Creative Memories

Creative Memories
Welcome Back

Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 14




July 14

Today we arose early and were on our walk down to the Café De Mum to have Bennets and café-du-latté by 7 am. It is warm in New Orleans so we try to get out early.

We enjoyed a carriage ride around the French Quarter. Our driver was very knowledgeable.

We did some shopping on our walk back to the hotel. We left by 10:30, via the Lake Ponchacrain Causeway which is a 30 mile bridge across the lake.

We headed east on I-10 looking for a beach so Karen could collect a tar ball for her classroom. At Bay St. Louis destruction from Hurricane Katrina was very evident. The beach was beautiful and we stopped. We noticed all the shade shelters and porta-pottys. Plastic bags were setting everywhere. Next we noticed the workers cleaning the beach. They were at work all along the beach to Gulfport, when we turned back toward I-10.

We have our final seafood lunch at Gulfport. We returned to I-10 and headed to Montgomery, Ala.

Near Evergreen, we were traveling along with Karen as the driver, Jean as the navigator and Joy and I in the back seat. I was looking ahead and noticed something black across our lane. I said, “Karen, look-out”. She severed and almost missed it. She said her first thought was that it was an alligator. Seems no one saw it because Jean was playing a game on her phone, Joy was dozing. Now Karen says she was looking far ahead. Karen has been stuck on looking for an alligator. There was much discussion about our reactions. Needless to say we stopped at the next exit for a restroom break. I took over the driving.

I have a funny story, 2 of us are mid-age and seem to be warm at night. So they turn the temp to 65. The first thing, Jean does each night is fold the bedspread up and put it in a corner. One night I work up about midnight feeling cold. So knowing that there was a cover over in the corner, I went to get it. Well this time it was almost off the end of their bed. So with one small pull, I had it and back I went and snuggled under it. About 3 in the morning here comes Jean and crawls in too. Seems she had gone looking for the cover too. We had quite a laugh about the disappearing cover.


Tomorrow we will sight- seeing here in Montgomery, and Birmingham and spend the night in Huntsville.

No comments: